October 14th, 2025 Week 6 Learning Journal

 October 14th, 2025

Week 6 Learning Journal (1 Hour)

Part 1: Help Your Teammates to Develop Capstone Ideas


Using email or during your team meeting, briefly discuss possible capstone ideas with your teammates. Record in your learning journal what you discussed and if any ideas stood out to you. 

We discussed a few capstone ideas over the weeks and during our last team meeting on Sunday, as well as today before and after our instructor meeting at 7:30pm. Some of the ideas include, business weather app for forecasting customer flow for small businesses and deliver exceptions. Another was an educational platform for professors and students. Ashley had a cool music sharing app where people listen to music in an app, maybe like a social media setting, and can connect through music. I think that would be a cool VR app with different environments and settings, maybe a concert and after party in a lounge. I want to do a flashcard app using reinforcement learning in AI. I have a lot of students that I help with passing Career Education certs like CCNA and CompTIA so something in that domain would be beneficial for equitable learning and my career goals. I've always wanted to do a chat bot. I think we can never have enough of them. AI chat bots can be used in so many different setting from mental health to help in nearly every trade. I'm not sure what we will land on but I hope we can incorporate AI. 

Part 2: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal


Update the learning journal to include what have you learned from this week's activities. You should cover what you have learned from the career guide, and how your team has started working on the final presentation projects.

This week in CST300 we covered using AI in the stakeholder number two argument. I have become a little better at prompt engineering my way to a better understanding of complex topics that are new to me. 

In CST349 we met with professor Tao and talked about where we are in the course and program, and where we are going. He is a little concerned about our team and attendance, it worried me that he noticed we aren't as close as the other teams seem to be. I try to reach out on Discord and come up with ways to connect with my team mates. Maybe I can make a poll to see what would be a better day or time to connect more often. We also created a cover letter and resume aimed at an imaginary internship. As I'm already in an internship, I can say I think they are great. I'm loving the material at IBM and just started working in Granite this week. We also created a website for the course. It is a portfolio for schoolwork, but I also added a section for personal side projects during the program. I have a few ideas I really want to get off the ground before I graduate. We turned in our industry expert interview assignment. I thought it was due Tuesday October 7th, but the calendar says 14th. I guess early is better than late. It was a great assignment and I learned so much about Space Force, along with a few others I "interviewed" or maybe just casually got to know. It was good to make connections and network with professionals. There were two extra credit discussions due this week. I participated in both, a topic on internships and a topic on graduate degrees. I still plan to pursue my master's at Georgetown and have made connections over there. I have at least three professional references for admission and have some more if I need. 

In CST338 we will be studying software design. This will be a struggle for me so I will be reading up and practicing next week. I hope to get all my assignments done early so I can practice a little Java to refresh my memory. The course will have some synchronous meetings during the day when I'm working so it might get hectic. I thought it would be asynchronous since the program is targeted at working professionals. 

My team has started to go over what we will be doing for our final project. Our video presentations will be on Trends of Deepfakes and AI Content Generation. With Sora 2 just released I think our project will be a winner. Ashley, Alexander and I met last Sunday to talk about the video presentation and review past videos. We are confident it should go ok. 

Comments