October 7th, 2025 Week 5 Learning Journal
October 7th, 2025
Week 5 Learning Journal (90 Minutes)
Part One: Support and Comment on Teammates' Goals (30 minutes)
Visit at least two of your team members' blogs on educational goals and career goals last week. Compare theirs to your own. Provide comments, encouragement, and suggestions to their goals as if you are their trusted coach. Please provide the links of the students you commented on in your learning journal or screenshots, of your comments if you had issues posting your comment to their blog.
Part Two: Possible Capstone Ideas (30 minutes)
After viewing at least 3 presentations of Capstone, list three possible capstone projects you might choose to do at the end of your study. These sample project ideas which you may or may not pursue.
PetRecs - Web app to track pet health and medical records.
I think this could be useful but with additional metrics used by pet breeders. Could adopt pedigree tracking and genealogy.
Traffic Tracer - App that tracks customer metrics with existing cameras.
I love this one for the idea of tracking frequent fliers and rewards points. Could adopt image recognition for marketing purposes.
Like A Camera - Web based photography tutorial site.
This is great because education is king. I would adopt other skills as well and make the web app scalable to something similar to Canvas.
Part Three: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal (30 minutes)
Update the learning journal to include what have you learned from this week's activities, including if you are thinking about internship or graduate programs.
CST300
In CST300 we dove into the domain of using AI to argue for or against an ethics topic. It was curious watching the AI argue a side when told it had to. I wonder if you could get it to argue both sides and then each one talk to other to its point of view, what would be the result?
CST349
In CST349 we covered the industry executive interview. I had a great one from someone at Space Force. It really opened my eyes to what the path would be if I pursued cyber security or drone technology again. I don't think I would explore that path again as PropTech/FinTech pays so much more. At my age I need to think about my family, immediate and extended, and how I can provide for them. We scheduled our meeting with the professor and had a team meet on Sunday. I was absent as it was my tenth wedding anniversary. The weekly survey gave me a chance to express my questions and concerns, I didn't really have any. I participated in the extra credit discussions on internships and graduate schools. I am currently engaged in an internship. I do plan to attend Georgetown university after CSUMB, they have a cool applied intelligence degree I am interested in. If I do another internship I learned to research what is required and how the company handles internships. I don't recommend IBM internships. There is little communication with mentors and the managers are not very organized.
The week was a great success. I didn't get to look at the extra credit on book reviews yet but am interested in them. I do wonder why Rich Dad Poor Dad wasn't on the list. Haha. I will start at the beginning and then when I'm done hopefully there will be more posted.


Comments
Post a Comment