November 11th, 2025 Week 10 Learning Journal Post

November 11th, 2025

Week 10 Learning Journal Post

CST338

Wk02: Learning Journal


This week we did a lot of really difficult but fun assignments. I really like the Hangman game and getting started on the Pokemon game. Learning about getters and setters and doing tests was really cool. I had no idea that you can just left click and generate them, my old professor just had us write them from scratch each time. Doing the tests was cool, I hadn't done a test class before, usually we just clumped tests at the bottom or ran debugger. I like how we learn useful topics in this course. Looking forward, I hope we can do more video code-along to really get an idea of what we are doing. I enjoy how the videos talk about the topics instead of just coding along blindly. 

The Hangman game really tripped me up because I couldn't figure out the merging and adding branches, I had to look back at my notes and figure out a way to merge them all and keep the project intact. I had a few times where I didn't merge and had to copy/paste a ton of code over from the other branch because I didn't follow protocol. Then my wor.txt got deleted somehow and I had to look up how to roll back and get it recovered. It was definitely a learning experience this week. 

Comments