November 4th, 2025 Week 9 Learning Journal Post
November 4th, 2025
Week 9 Learning Journal Post
CST338 WK01 Learning Journal
This is the same learning journal you've used throughout CS Online.
Discuss the process of solving the Coding Bat challenges. A major part of software design is thinking about how to approach a problem with the tools we have at our disposal. What were the steps you took to solve some of these challenges?
For the coding bat challenges I had to take to the internet to find tutorials to refresh my memory. I ended up using ChatGPT to explain concepts to me so I could learn how to do the challenges. It has been a while since my Java prerequisites and I had to be reminded how the syntax works.
Did you plan it out or throw code at it?
I tried to plan it out, threw some code at it, and then thought about how it worked.
What worked?
I used some Java flash card quizzes to practice Strings and HashMap, which are my weakest points.
What DID NOT work?
Google didn't have the learning solution I wanted. I was looking for tutorials, not answers. Google lacks the ability to explain something in a way that I can learn from.
How many tries did it take?
Once I got caught up it went pretty quick. In the beginning I had to attempt it a few times. At some point it became fun and more like a hackathon challenge.
Comments
Post a Comment